Explore Your World

Friday, June 05, 2009

Nutritional Update

I had an interesting discovery at dinner the other night. We ended up at a Morton's, and I ordered some form of sesame tuna dinner and had some crab cakes for appetizer. All of my colleagues ordered steaks. While they were eating, I found myself fixated on the steak of the guy across the table, and within a few moments I actually felt nauseated to the point where he noticed and asked if I was OK.

I guess I've hit a turning point where residual lust for land animal flesh has dried up. It's been well over a month since I've tasted any form of red meat, and several weeks since I've had any chicken (I had some in my soup a while back thinking it was actually tofu).

I suppose it's possible I'll eat meat again, but I'm glad that I have no craving for it. I'm actually interested in slowly reducing my seafood intake too, which is somewhere in the ballpark of 5 days/week. We're getting there!

Good response of the week for when someone asks why I eat plants: "You know dirt cleans off a lot easier than blood, Quintus?" (Maximus from Gladiator) You can substitute their real name of course, but Quintus is a badass name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home