Explore Your World

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Erg Record

I made a 10K in 43:18 the other day on level 3. Monday I'm going to go to level 4 and sprint for the first 2K (my sister and coworker are going to watch my 2K to observe form). I'm sad I can't run at the moment since my toe is still broken, but I am enjoying the burn of 3,600 additional calories each week on the erg.

Diet is holding well: 5-egg white omelette in the morning (eggology) with a teaspoon of flax oil, and then 1/2 cup oatmeal. Then I eat 4 times/day, consisting of 4oz grilled chicken breast and a bunch of broccoli and black beans. After one tall glass of red wine at night, my total calories per day are under 2,000 which is fine for now.

In other news I see my ENT on Tuesday, and I'm going to scream at her since surgery has been ineffective. WTF? The good news is that two of my friends out here sympathize -- one has similar symptoms but she says not nearly as painful; the other has a friend who went through a 3-4 year fight with chronic pain flying all around the country until she finally found a doctor who could figure out the issue. This is great news to me since no one seems to understand what this is like, and in fact many people think it's all in my head. Never give up, never surrender!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home