Explore Your World

Monday, November 03, 2008

Working with the Best

I have to give a shout out to my team. We've had such an amazing set of past few weeks and I feel like I'm working with the best crew one could ever assemble. An old friend once told me that if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life, and I never really believed her until joining my current team. Not only is what we're doing the most amazing and important mission on the planet, the people involved forever humble me. Several of us have been battling colds and flus over the last few weeks, but we're still cranking and keeping the engines running (with a little help of Red Bull and, in my case, Rhodiola rosea). I used to think my crew at Cornell was the best, but I've found that the Cornell/Stanford/MIT blend we've got now are more than one could ever hope for, and I intend to be friends with them long after we've made our mark.

I went back to visit my old town, Seattle, last weekend for recruiting and I had the chance to check out the Imperial campus (Microsoft). Talking with my old coworkers, I could barely remember how I survived there for 2.5 years! But it led me to where I am now and that has made all the difference.

I sometimes contemplate what might be ahead for me professionally down the line, but frankly I don't think I could ever work for another company unless it was my own. Once you've set the bar as high as we've done here, going back to anything less would be simply unacceptable.

It's a beautiful thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home