Explore Your World

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bad Times on the Right Rotator

My shoulder was injured almost two months ago while waterskiing in Minnesota. I could still deadlift and row, but pushups were tough and anything involving suspending weights from my outstretched arm was no dice. Earlier this week while doing left-handed kettlebell swings, I thought I might try two-handed swings... and then right-handed swings. Bad idea, the pain is back.

So, I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon on Monday. Hopefully he'll wave his magical wand and say I am out of the game for 1-2 months, do this and that, take this and that, drink plenty of water, and you'll be OK. We can hope.

But I fear this might keep me out of the upper body game for a while. We'll see, if I can still dead lift that's a start. Otherwise I may have to start nothing but core and lower body exercises. I guess I could still sprint, do crunches, and all forms of leg exercises. Dead lift is my primary hope, and a stretch would be barbell press. We'll see after Monday... bad times on boats though, I was so close to a solid routine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home