Explore Your World

Friday, December 21, 2007

90-day plan

I'm going to try something crazy.

I want to set a goal to make it 90 days on the raw vegan diet. I also want to work out a lot during these 90 days using the principles in either my material from Pavel Tsatsouline or the stuff posted by Arnel of Men's Workout Guide (in particular, the Brad Pitt workout). I know that on a raw vegan diet, I will lose a ton of weight -- but I've never made it past 30 days.

Tonight I violated the diet at the Christmas party. I didn't really want to eat anything, but a part of me wanted to know I could. I feel fine right now after having gorged on shrimp and some pot stickers, but I rest happily knowing that my overall weight is trending downward, and the longer I can stay raw, the sooner I will arrive at the alleged detox. I only wonder if I should stay raw for 30 days before I start any real weightlifting routines (other than kettlebell workouts). Also, I get bored of completely raw foods, so I need to prepare more raw dishes.

Over break I'm going to write up a program I can follow and execute upon. Some ideas:
  • Get a new iPod shuffle (lost my last one so need to buy another one, and they are like $80)
  • Make a new raw dish every week using my book. Two per week if possible. Find some really good dishes to prepare.
  • Have a workout plan for each week, including times I'm on the road.
    • If on the road and resources are unavailable, always fall back to a high intensity interval training workout.
  • Always find a Whole Foods wherever I go.
I'll need more ideas to finalize this plan, but how wonderful would it be to make 90 days at 100% raw vegan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home