Explore Your World

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Jerk Chicken

While I was working I was listening to and casually watching episodes of The Office (season 3) on my second monitor. It was the episode where Michael comes back from Jamaica. Oh my did the cravings for jerk chicken return! I think the only food I've honestly eaten 3-4 times per day in massive quantities was Jamaican jerk chicken. Usually I get sick of food but when I was in Jamaica, we were at this place called Sandals and they served all the jerk chicken I could ever want at this hut. I think within 10 minutes of arriving my step-sister had some and offered me a piece -- and I was pretty much at that booth every opportunity thereafter. It was so amazingly tasty. The spice was indescribable and I still have no method of articulating how good it felt to eat that. Truth be known, I haven't been able to replicate it anywhere else since then. It's only been that particular hut in Jamaica.

Anyway, I was craving jerk chicken so badly and searched around for locations. I found a place in College Park that is open until midnights on Saturdays, but I held my ground and continued to juice. I can always go back to jerk chicken in a few weeks -- but I will rarely have the ability to juice straight and experience this wonderful detox and energy people speak about.

BTW I made a blackberry/apple juice -- it was good but definitely spiked my sugar levels. It's not a bad headache, but a very unique headache where the body is warning me to not do that again. Funny enough I don't need a pill or anything to combat it, I just want to drink more water.

The hunger pangs are pretty bad today, but fortunately I am returning to Florida tomorrow for a few more days where I can drink all the juice I want at the place I hit up last week.

Do I miss cooked food? Absolutely. Will I go back? I have the power...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home