Explore Your World

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Moving Forward

I'm happily chugging along at a 100% (or near 100%) raw vegan diet. I admit when I get a smell of something deliciously evil, I feel very tempted, but I have yet to cave this week. I passed by a Red, Hot, and Blue while heading back to Weathertop and I almost fell into a trance of BBQ spare ribs, refried beans, and fantastic bread. I kept walking. Earlier today someone on site brought in some Italian dish with loads of pasta and creamy sauce. I was pulled away from work to enjoy the smell... then I looked back at my screen and continued.

I guess the big advantage of having done the month-long juice feast is that I am detached from those foods. Oh, I still enjoy the smell and wouldn't mind having a bite, but the pull isn't as strong as it was when I had gone from 100% cooked to 100% raw solid food as I had in the past.

I got in 3 intervals of HIIT this morning. Yee-ha! Then in the evening I did the chest, arms, and back exercise today of P90X. It was intense, especially given how weak my upper body has historically been. (at least on a cooked diet) But I felt great afterward.

I'm already looking into more options down the road as I continue pushing the limits. I ordered a book on the Paleolithic diet to consider non-raw diets down the road (Paleo, while not vegan, does also seem very simple). I also had heard about Rhodiola Rosea in the past, and while my experience of ingesting the pills in the past had been less than optimal, I decided to study more into it and ordered a book on the subject as well. I figure by the time I get around to reading it (in week or two), I will be ready to start taking it again. Studies show increased cognitive capacity, higher endurance, and longer life. Why not!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home