Explore Your World

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Battle Plan: Third Sinusian War

I've seen several ENTs in the last few weeks about my sinuses. This morning, I met with the doctor who will hopefully become my savior. She seemed most knowledgeable and competent of all the other doctors I met, and we've agreed upon a solid battle plan to proceed.

First, she was amazed I had any form of smile on my face. Looking inside my nose with her endoscope, and gazing over my CT scan, she postulated that I've been in complete misery for years (she would be correct). I felt so good knowing that someone finally understood my pain! For years I thought it was potentially all psychological, but now I know that it's real and, more importantly, it can be fought.

Here's the plan forward:
  1. She took a culture sample, we shall see how it returns. It was completely green so it would be surprising if it returned negative.
  2. I'm starting to take anti-inflammatory medication today so I can reduce the swelling.
  3. On October 15, I will have surgery to, hopefully once and for all, destroy the invaders that have taken up residence in my sinuses for so many years now (the better part of a decade).
  4. If we are successful, I am going to throw the biggest party this side of the Mississippi and start enjoying life again.
I am going to get my CT scan pictures and throw them up here, and I am also going to record myself reading a passage so I can see how my voice changes before/after (she thinks I have a slightly nasal voice because of my sinus blockages).

Onward! The clock is running: 21 days until the final battle is fought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home