Explore Your World

Friday, February 26, 2010

Returning to CrossFit!

I've been out of the CrossFit game for the last six months as I seriously damaged my right rotator cuff back in the summer. Today is my first WOD which consists of:

21-15-9
Thrusters (95/65lb)
Burpees
Then
30 Deadlifts at 225lb/155lb
No rest between the last set of burpees and 30 deadlifts.

I have a feeling I'll be in some pain afterward but that is to be expected.

The bigger question I am concerned about is diet -- should I go back to Paleo or stick to my pesco-vegan diet? I fundamentally like the ideas behind a plant-based diet much more, and the science is overwhelming supporting the idea that plant-based diets basically eliminate your risk of heart disease (stress is your own problem), and also significantly reduce chances of cancer, asthma, osteoporosis... yadayada. However, I've found that implementing and sticking with a plant-based diet takes a lot more effort and planning -- not exactly the type of planning/effort I'm fully committed to at this point in my life. If I go back to Paleo, I will definitely miss the smooth skin, smooth, ummm, jettisons of waste, and peace of mind I get from organic products. Then again finding grass-fed beef and happily raised chickens is an odyssey in and of itself.

To hell with it... I'll just see if I survive the WOD today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home