Explore Your World

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Checkpoint

I reached 184.8 lbs this morning, but my bodyfat continues to climb as my weight drops: 16.6% BF. WTF, mate? So the possibilities are that my scale is off, or that I'm simply losing muscle instead of fat. I'm considering my options here:
  • Continue on this diet for a few more weeks but enhance my weightlifting (kettlebells primarily)
  • Shift diets to Paleo
  • Read Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto (in progress)
  • Read the Raw Food Bodybuilding Training Manual by Charlie Abel
I have all of the above with the exception of the kettlebell, which is on its way for delivery tomorrow. I'm probably going to do all of the above: read as much as I can, then make an informed decision. I do know from the past that I lost a lot of bodyfat % while eating a "bodybuilding" diet, i.e. lots of small meals throughout the day with high protein content (e.g. 6 oz grilled chicken with broccoli and brown rice). However, I still have faith in the raw vegan diet so I will see what Charlie Abel can introduce. I may still use Tom's practices, however, as he basically has the perfect V-shape I'm looking for.

I need some more running shoes and orthotics; I think I injured myself with too much HIIT.

Oh, also, I spoke with Dr. Brown from the Rhodiola rosea book I finished -- he advised me to throttle back my intake (Arctic Root from the Swedes might be too intense) and to combine it with EZ Energy (both from Ameriden). I've ordered both EZ Energy and Rosavin Plus from Ameriden and we'll see how that treats me. How cool is that -- the author wrote me back in e-mail and then called me on my cell phone! That's a first and I really appreciated it.

Another plus: I am under 185 lbs. That's awesome. My pleatau is around here, so I think this week it's time to step it up a notch.

Onward!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home